The SRM Common Admission Test, commonly known as SRMCAT is conducted by SRM University, Chennai for admissions to post graduate management programmes of its b-school- School of Management.
PART 1. DATA INTERPRETATION: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
• Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
• Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
PART 2. QUANTITATIVE: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
• Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In – equations, Algebra and Profit & Loss
• Averages, Percentages, Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance, Work and time
• Probability, Permutations & Combinations
PART 3. REASONING: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on Logical reasoning
• Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
• Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next number in series, etc.
PART 4: ENGLISH: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill of the candidate on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
• Comprehension of passage
• Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
• Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
PART 5: GK/CA/BA: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on General knowledge, current affairs and Business Affairs
• Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
• Famous award and prizes
• Science, History, Geography, International organizations
• Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
Published on: 22-Feb-2017 By OnlineXm 55
1. Tata Sons Chairman designate Natarajan Chandrasekaran will also hold the chairmanship of the group's crown jewel Tata Consultancy Services.
टाटा संस के नामित चेयरमैन नटराजन चंद्रशेखरन the group's crown jewel Tata Consultancy Ser....
Published on: 21-Feb-2017 By OnlineXm 89
1. Geologists have claimed discovery of new geological continent named Zealandia submerged beneath the south-west Pacific Ocean.
भूवैज्ञानिकों ने दक्षिण पश्चिमी प्रशांत महासागर के नीचे Zealandia नामित जलमग्न नए भूवैज्ञानिक महाद्वीप क....
Published on: 20-Feb-2017 By OnlineXm 86
1. The Indian Women's team won silver at the Asian Rugby Sevens Trophy tournament at Vientiane, Laos.
भारतीय महिला टीम ने विएनटिआन, लाओस में एशियाई रग्बी सेवन्स ट्रॉफी टूर्नामेंट में रजत पदक जीता।