Staff selection Commission – Combined graduate level examination is taken on national level every year to recruit for various posts like Assistant grade, Auditors/inspector of income tax/central Excise, sub inspector in central police organizations and CBI and upper division clerks, divisional accounts. SSC’s CGL exam is for filling up vacancies in 30 different services in the central government
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning : It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on:
2. General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
3. Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the
4. English Comprehension – English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. will be tested.
The tier 2 of the CGL is conducted for the students who qualify in Tier-I of the examination. Therefore, the level of the examination is little tough. The SSC CGL Tier II Exam pattern is as follows:
Paper-I : Quantitative Ability : The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the
Paper-II : English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on:
Paper-III : Statistics for Investigator Grade-II, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation & Compiler in RGI.
Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
Measures of Central Tendency– Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
Measures of Dispersion– Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion. Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables only).
Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem.
Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial , Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non-probability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood 21 method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
Part A: Finance and Accounts
1. Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting
Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts, and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organisations Accounts, Receipts and Payments and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance
Economic Reforms in India
Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalisation, Privatisation, Globalisation and Disinvestment
Money and Banking
Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks
Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments
Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003
Role of Information Technology in Governance
An additional stage of Examination, i.e. Tier-III, has been introduced in this year’s SSC CGL Exam. This will be a descriptive type paper of 100 marks and will be held in Pen and Paper mode. The duration of the paper would be one hour. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which are necessary for Government jobs. The Paper will comprise of:
Published on: 17-Aug-2019 By OnlineXm 239
1. प्रसिद्ध बांग्लादेशी उपन्यासकार रिज़िया रहमान का निधन। उन्हें 1978 में बंगला अकादमी साहित्य पुरस्कार मिला था और 2019 में उन्हें एकुश्री पादक से सम्मानित किया गया था। बोंग थेके बंगला, रोकर ओक्सोर और घर भंग घर उनके कुछ प्रसिद्ध उपन्यासों में से ह....
Published on: 16-Aug-2019 By OnlineXm 211
1. भारत और तमिलनाडु के पूर्व क्रिकेटर वी। बी। चंद्रशेखर का निधन। उन्होंने 7 वनडे मैचों में भारत का प्रतिनिधित्व किया। वह 2004 से 2006 तक एक राष्ट्रीय चयनकर्ता भी थे। वह आखिरी तमिलनाडु टीम का हिस्सा थे जिसने 1988 में रणजी ट्रॉफी जीती थी।
Published on: 13-Aug-2019 By OnlineXm 217
1. बिजनेस-टू-बिजनेस भुगतान स्टार्टअप एनकैश ने छोटे और मध्यम उद्यमों (एसएमई) के लिए देश का पहला कॉर्पोरेट क्रेडिट कार्ड edom फ्रीडम कार्ड ’लॉन्च किया है। फ्रीडम कार्ड एसएमई और स्टार्टअप्स को तत्काल जरूरतों के लिए क्रेडिट सुविधा लेने और उनकी त....